As we wrap up another school year, we’d like to thank all of you for your continued support of our foundation. It is so humbling to see the support of our district, staff, and students year after year. We would like to take a moment to share a quick recap of our year and share the impacts we have been able to make this school year! For the 2019-2020 school year, the Norwalk Student Education Foundation:
* Raised over $30,000 at our annual event held at Carper Winery in November
* Awarded 38 scholarships to Norwalk seniors totaling $22,000
* Funded the teacher wish list in excess of $22,000, including items such as expanding classroom libraries, offering flexible seating options, assisting with field trip costs, developing a “career closet,” various technology-based requests, and more
* Covered the cost of Initial to Standard teaching licenses for eight new teachers
* Awarded 9 concurrent enrollment teachers $500 each for their continuing education
We couldn’t have done this without our supporters, so thank you again for allowing us to be able to give back to our deserving teachers and students. Until next year… Go Warriors!