Welcome back, Warriors! We hope everyone’s school year is off to a great start. We would like to share some of our accomplishments from the last school year. For the 2020-2021 school year, the Norwalk Student Education Foundation:
* Kicked off our inaugural pledge drive in lieu of an in-person event. As a reminder, we are always accepting donations!
* Awarded 41 scholarships to graduating seniors totaling $22,500
* Donated $20,500 to the Norwalk PLCs (Professional Learning Communities) for all schools in the district
* Covered the cost of Initial to Standard teaching licenses for nine new Norwalk teachers
* Awarded 10 concurrent enrollment teachers $500 each for their continuing education
* Donated to various opportunities throughout the year, such as the new Wall of Fame, After Prom, new teacher welcome breakfast, and more
We wouldn’t be in this position of giving without the consistent support of our community. Thank you to those who have donated in the past and those who make NSEF a part of their annual giving. For anyone new to the area or those who have not yet contributed to the foundation, please consider making a donation. The foundation gives back to the school district in many ways, from providing general assistance to teachers to scholarships awarded directly to students. We are able to provide additional funding to those in need that may not otherwise have access to additional funds.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, or contact us via email at NorwalkSEF@gmail.com. Thank you again! Let’s make 2021-2022 another great school year.
These past 12 months have been anything but “normal” for many of us, but with change comes new opportunities. The Norwalk Student Education Foundation is kicking off our inaugural pledge drive! Since in-person gatherings are still few and far between, please consider supporting our foundation in a different way.
We would ask that you consider making a monthly donation to NSEF using the PayPal “Donate” links found throughout our website. All proceeds will go back directly to students and teachers in the Norwalk school district. You can also make a one-time donation to the foundation via check, Venmo, or our website, now or any time throughout the year.
This year’s fundraising focus was on the Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) within each school building. Each PLC determined their needs and received funds from the foundation to help enrich the experiences of their students this spring.
As always, the foundation is so appreciative of all our donors and business sponsors for helping us be able to give back to the Norwalk Community School District. We thank you for your constant support.
As we wrap up another school year, we’d like to thank all of you for your continued support of our foundation. It is so humbling to see the support of our district, staff, and students year after year. We would like to take a moment to share a quick recap of our year and share the impacts we have been able to make this school year! For the 2019-2020 school year, the Norwalk Student Education Foundation:
* Raised over $30,000 at our annual event held at Carper Winery in November
* Awarded 38 scholarships to Norwalk seniors totaling $22,000
* Funded the teacher wish list in excess of $22,000, including items such as expanding classroom libraries, offering flexible seating options, assisting with field trip costs, developing a “career closet,” various technology-based requests, and more
* Covered the cost of Initial to Standard teaching licenses for eight new teachers
* Awarded 9 concurrent enrollment teachers $500 each for their continuing education
We couldn’t have done this without our supporters, so thank you again for allowing us to be able to give back to our deserving teachers and students. Until next year… Go Warriors!
The Norwalk Student Education Foundation’s 2019 fundraiser is Friday!! Get your tickets here.
A special “thank you” goes out to our sponsors! Our foundation and community are so appreciative of your support!