NSEF was able to award these amazing teachers (and others not pictured) with funds to use towards furthering their education to be able to offer concurrent enrollment courses to our students. We are so proud of our teachers and students for pushing themselves towards their educational goals!
The next 50 people who purchase tickets to our annual fundraiser on November 2nd will receive a complimentary drink ticket at the event!! You may purchase your tickets here.
Thank you for your continued support of Norwalk students and teachers!
Norwalk Student Education Foundation’s Annual Fundraiser
Join us on November 2nd for a Night Out for Norwalk
Enjoy an adult evening out at the NEW Carper Vineyard and Winery in Norwalk, with hors d’oeuvres provided by local businesses.
Doors open at 5pm. There will be music and a silent auction until 7pm, followed by a presentation and live auction.
All profits and donations are designated to NSEF, a nonprofit organization dedicated to Norwalk schools.
Our Mission Statement: The Norwalk Student Education Foundation (NSEF) is an independent community organization dedicated to provide resources to enhance educational experiences and opportunities for the students in the Norwalk schools.
SAVE THE DATE! Join us for the annual Norwalk Student Education Foundation fundraiser at a NEW location at the NEW Carper Vineyard and Winery in Norwalk on November 2nd. Tickets will be going on sale soon!
Event details will be updated here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1998965493696149/
We hope you can come help support our community!
The Norwalk Student Education Foundation just awarded over $14,000 to 28 teachers in the Norwalk School District. Each of these teachers submitted a wish list item they thought would benefit their students or the district as a whole.
NSEF was able to provide funding for the following wish list items:
- New set furnishings for the High School drama department
- Scholastic magazine subscription for one year to Eastview classroom
- Brainpop Jr magazine subscription for one year to Lakewood classroom
- Multiple iPad requests for various classrooms to benefit several age levels
- Roller desk chairs for Middle School classroom
- Classroom supplies (markers, pens, notecards, etc) for Middle School classroom
- Alternative seating options for Lakewood classroom
- Books to begin building a professional library for Middle School staff
- Water bottles for all incoming third grade students
- Graphing calculators for High School math class
- Exercise balls for alternative seating in Lakewood classroom
- Lego sets to promote STEM thinking and creative outlet for elementary students
- Photography Light Studio / GoPro for 9th – 12th grade class
- IMAX show for Lakewood field trip to Science Center
- New playground balls for all grade levels
- Classroom set of Scholastic Action Magazine for Eastview classroom
- Wireless microphone for Lakewood classroom
- Two tri-pods for Lakewood classroom camera
- Updated tabletop items for the HS Warrior Café
- Quality color printer for HS students to present portfolios to clients and for post-graduation needs
- Osmo games to improve coding skills
- High-quality non-fiction mentor text sets for cross-curricular units
- Middle School teacher to attend a tech conference
- Classroom set of Scholastic News issues to share with partner teacher in Lakewood classroom
- Professional books to add to teacher library
- First Team Challenge Robotics Club startup at High School level
As you can see, the foundation was able to fulfill a variety of requests impacting countless students and subject matter.
The Norwalk Student Education Foundation relies on donations from our supporters so that we can in turn give back to the teachers and students of the Norwalk community school district. Your contributions to the foundation allow our district to reach beyond budget limitations and provide further educational opportunities for our students.
The Norwalk Student Education Foundation and Norwalk Community School District would like to extend our thanks once more to our donors and advocates. We appreciate your continued support!
If you are interested in learning more about our foundation or your donation options, please contact us today!