As we wrap up another school year, we’d like to thank all of you for your continued support of our foundation. It is so humbling to see the support of our district, staff, and students year after year. We would like to take a moment to share a quick recap of our year and share the impacts we have been able to make this school year! For the 2019-2020 school year, the Norwalk Student Education Foundation:
* Raised over $30,000 at our annual event held at Carper Winery in November
* Awarded 38 scholarships to Norwalk seniors totaling $22,000
* Funded the teacher wish list in excess of $22,000, including items such as expanding classroom libraries, offering flexible seating options, assisting with field trip costs, developing a “career closet,” various technology-based requests, and more
* Covered the cost of Initial to Standard teaching licenses for eight new teachers
* Awarded 9 concurrent enrollment teachers $500 each for their continuing education
We couldn’t have done this without our supporters, so thank you again for allowing us to be able to give back to our deserving teachers and students. Until next year… Go Warriors!
The Norwalk Student Education Foundation’s 2019 fundraiser is Friday!! Get your tickets here.
A special “thank you” goes out to our sponsors! Our foundation and community are so appreciative of your support!
Tickets are now available for this year’s fall gala. Click here to get your tickets today! Special discounts available for our NCSD teachers and staff. Thank you for all you do for our students!
It’s time to announce this year’s NSEF event! We will be hosting our fall gala Friday, November 15th at Carper Winery. Save the date! Ticket sales open next Friday. More details to come.
As the district continues to grow, so does our need for more members. If you or someone you know would be interested in becoming a board member, or simply wants to offer assistance through various initiatives throughout the year, we would love to hear from you! All skill sets are needed, and this is an excellent way to get involved in our community.
If you are not aware of the Foundation’s efforts, we focus on the following three areas:
1) Providing grants for classroom needs outside the district’s budget
2) Providing direct assistance to teachers (new teacher fees, etc)
3) Facilitating and funding graduating student scholarships
Please contact us today to learn more!